Any person having purchased a Breitling watch or chronograph from an authorized Breitling retailer can claim cover under the international warranty by showing the electronic Breitling international warranty card to any authorized Breitling retailer or distributor, as well as to any authorized Breitling service center.
Your Breitling watch or chronograph equipped with a mechanical Manufacture Breitling movement are covered by a five-year warranty. The five-year warranty on the mechanical Manufacture Breitling movement is granted on condition that water resistance tests are performed every two years following the date of purchase by an authorized Breitling service center. These tests are conducted free of charge. The warranty takes effect as of the date of purchase of the watch.
The electronic international warranty card will be honored by official Breitling partners worldwide providing this card has been activated at the time of purchase by an authorized Breitling salesperson. When the international warranty has been activated, the following information appears on the card:
Model name, reference, serial number, name of the retailer, activation date as well as the international warranty length.
Within the framework of this warranty, any servicing or repair work on your Breitling watch or chronograph must be carried out by an authorized Breitling service center that will place its stamp on the page marked “Maintenance”.
The present warranty does not cover:
- theft, loss, acts of God, natural disasters and accidents (blows, shocks or crushing, etc…)
- damage resulting from mistreatment or improper use
- damage resulting from any tampering with the watch by any party whatsoever other than an authorized Breitling service center
- wear and tear from normal use and ageing of the watch
- water resistance problems and their consequences if the water resistance tests have not been performed every two years
- applications for the repair of a watch of which the warranty card has not been activated.
The international warranty does not in any way affect the consumers’ rights legally recognized by the law applicable in the product’s country of purchase.